The Fraction Finder Sensor #29 consists of an optical light pulse and detector, acting as “the eyes” of the system. It wraps around a distillation set up condenser tube and connects to the Fraction Finder display to track important data on the distillation.
These sensors are black for a reason:
- Black absorbs all light while blocking out ambient light.
- This leads to better signaling and the most valid data possible transmitting to the Fraction Finder display.
- For example, a white sensor wouldn’t work because it would reflect the light into your glassware and into the sensor, harming the reading.
- This reduces any degradation from solvents, crude oils, extracts, etc..
- This protects the sensor and ensures that it lives to see an endless amount of runs.
Thermo Resistant / Safety
- The black coating we use on each sensor is a high temperature, thermal resistant coating, it can withstand temperatures well above anything you’d see in a distillation lab.
- It’s nearly impossible to set one of our sensors on fire, the coating is almost completely fireproof!
- This protects the user, the equipment, and (in worst case scenarios) the entire lab.
Sensor only, monitor and accessories not included.